Widows of U.S. Citizens

Widows of U.S. Citizens: You may be eligible to receive a green card through widow/widower status if you:Were married to a U.S. citizen at the time he or she passed away if you

  • Either have a pending or approved petition
  • File petition within 2 years of your spouse’s death (or no later than October 28, 2011, if your citizen spouse died before October 28, 2009, and you were married less than 2 years).
  • Are not remarried
  • Were not divorced or legally separated from your spouse at the time he or she died
  • Are able to prove that you were in a bona fide marital relationship until the  time of your spouse’s death
  • Are admissible to the United States

Children of Widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen: Your unmarried children under the age of 21 may be included on your immigration petition. Your children are granted benefits of the Child Status Protection Act, which “freezes” their ages as of the date of the principal’s or your filing petition whichever is applicable.


3525 Hyland Ave., Suite 225
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Contact Info:

Call: (714) 432-1333
Email: info@lawyerhelp4u.com

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9-6pm
*By appointment only

For appointment:
Phone: (714) 432-1333