R-1: Religious Worker Visa

R-1: Religious Workers Visa- An R-1 visa is available to a person who has been a member of a legitimate religious denomination for at least two years and has a job offer in the U.S. to work for an affiliate of that same religious organization. R-1 visas may be issued both to members of the clergy and to lay religious workers. The initial stay can be up to three years, and the maximum stay is five years.

It is not necessary that R-1 visa workers were employed by the religious organization before getting the visa. They need only have been members for two years. Usually people qualifying for R-1 visas also qualify for green cards and may prefer to apply directly for a green card.

R-2: Accompanying Relatives Visa- Spouses and children of R-1 visa holders can get R-2 visas. This allows them to stay in the U.S., but not to accept employment.


3525 Hyland Ave., Suite 225
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Contact Info:

Call: (714) 432-1333
Email: info@lawyerhelp4u.com

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9-6pm
*By appointment only

For appointment:
Phone: (714) 432-1333