L-1and L-2: Intracompany Transferee Visa

L-1: Intracompany Transferee Visa- The L-1 visa allows managers, executives, or especially knowledgeable employees who work at a company that has an affiliated entity inside the U.S. to come to the U.S. and perform services for the U.S. entity. There are no limits to how many people can get L-1 visas every year.

You qualify for an L-1 visa if you have been employed outside the U.S. as a manager or executive or as a person with specialized knowledge for at least one out of the past three years, and you are transferred to the U.S. to do a job that utilizes your special knowledge and skills.

The U.S. company to which you are transferring must be a branch, subsidiary, affiliate, or joint venture partner of your non-U.S. employer. The non-U.S. company must remain in operation while you have the L-1 visa.  Although you are generally expected to work full-time in the U.S., you can work somewhat less if you dedicate a significant portion of your time to the job on a regular and systematic basis.


L-2: Accompanying Relatives Visa-When you qualify for an L-1 visa, your spouse and children  can get L-2 visas by providing proof of their family relationship to you. L-2 visas authorize your accompanying relatives to stay with you in the U.S., but only your spouse will be permitted to work there.


3525 Hyland Ave., Suite 225
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Contact Info:

Call: (714) 432-1333
Email: info@lawyerhelp4u.com

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9-6pm
*By appointment only

For appointment:
Phone: (714) 432-1333