K-1: Fiancé Visa

K-1: Fiancé Visa- If you intend to marry a U.S. citizen your fiancé may bring you to the U.S. for the wedding, with a K-1 visa. Although it is a non immigrant (temporary) visa-lasting only 90 day- after you get married you can apply for a green card.

Do you Qualify for a K-1 Visa? The main eligibility criteria for getting a K-1 visa are that:

  • Your intended spouse is a U.S. citizen
  • Both members of the couple are legally able to marry
  • You must have a genuine intention of marrying the U.S. citizen petitioner after arriving in the U.S., and
  • The two of you must have met and seen each other in person within the past two years.


This visa is not for use by couples who are simply considering marriage. You’ll have to show that you have made actual wedding plans for you 90-day stay. It doesn’t have to be a fancy wedding, but you’ll need to have made some plans. Also for some couples, the requirement that they already met can be waived.


3525 Hyland Ave., Suite 225
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Contact Info:

Call: (714) 432-1333
Email: info@lawyerhelp4u.com

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9-6pm
*By appointment only

For appointment:
Phone: (714) 432-1333