Investor Visas E-1, E2, E3

E-1: Treaty Trader Visa-

The United States has entered into trade treaties with several countries, and established the E-1 visa to help citizens of those countries more easily engage in international trading activities. IF you are a businessperson from one of these countries, and you plan to either engage in substantial trade with the U.S. or work for an enterprise that does substantial trade with the U.S., then an E1 visa may be the one for you.


Some people call this visa the next best thing to permanent residence, because of the possibility of self-employment, and the unlimited number of extensions. There is no limit on the number of E-1 visas that can be issued every year.


To Qualify for an E-1 Visa, you must:

  • Be from a qualifying country
  • Work for a qualifying business
  • Be either a 50% owner or key employee, and
  • Most of your company’s trade must be with the United States.


E-2:Treaty Investor Visa

An E-2 visa allows businesspeople from certain counties to work in the U.S. for a business in which people from their country have invested. Like the E-1 visa, some people call the E-2 the next best thing to permanent residence, because of the possibility of self-employment, and the unlimited number of extensions. There are no numerical limits on the number of E-2 visas that can be issued each year.


There are six requirements for getting an E-2 Visa:

  • You must be a citizen of a country that has an investor treaty with the United States.
  • You must be coming to work in the U.S. for a company you own or one that is at least 50% owned by other nationals of your home country.
  • You must be either the owner or a key employee of the U.S. business.
  • You or the company must have made a substantial investment in the U.S. business.
  • The U.S. business must be actively engaged in trade or the rendering of services.
  • You must intend to leave the U.S. when your business there is complete.


Bringing Your Spouse and Children:When you qualify for an E-1 or E-2 visa, your spouse and unmarried children can also get E-1 and E-2 visas by providing proof of their family relationship to you. Your spouse, but not your children, will be permitted to accept employment in the United States.

E-3:Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia

The E-3 classification applies only to nationals of Australia. You must be coming to the United States solely to perform services in a specialty occupation. The specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of knowledge in professional fields and at least the attainment of a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.

Eligibility Criteria

To qualify for an E-3 visa, you must demonstrate that you:

  • Are a national of Australia
  • Have a legitimate offer of employment in the United States
  • Possess the necessary academic or other qualifying credentials
  • Will fill a position that qualifies as a specialty occupation


Family of E-3 Visa Holders: Your spouse and unmarried children are entitled to the same E-3 classification. Your spouse is entitled to work authorization, but not your children.


3525 Hyland Ave., Suite 225
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Contact Info:

Call: (714) 432-1333

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9-6pm
*By appointment only

For appointment:
Phone: (714) 432-1333