F-1 Student Visa

F-1: Student Visas- An alien with a foreign residence, who wishes to attend an academic institution in the United States in order to pursue his/her studies, may qualify for an F-1 visa. You must have nonimmigrant intent, which means you have no intention of abandoning your foreign residence. You must be able to support yourself while studying in the United States and you will not be eligible to work in the United States (with few exceptions).

The F-1 applicant must have sufficient monetary funds to support himself, and the support must be well documented. The applicant must be able to speak English or receive training to learn English. If the F-1 visa is approved, the student will be permitted to stay in the United States for the period necessary to complete the educational program plus 60 days.

After the student completes the educational program, s/he may be eligible for practical training, which allows the student to work in the same field of study. The student may also be eligible to change nonimmigrant status from a student to a nonimmigrant work visa or adjust immigration status to permanent residence.


How The Law Office of Wiliani-Malek can help you? In our Law Firm, we have vast experience in preparing Student Visas. Our understanding of immigration law is second to none, and we pride ourselves on our dedication to staying current on all new immigration laws, rules and cases. We can meet with you to discuss your case and whether your case is suitable for a student visa. We will not accept a student visa case unless we believe you have a legitimate chance to receive the educational visa.

F-2: Parent/Spouse/ Children Visa- When you qualify for an F-1 visa, your spouse and unmarried children can get F-2 visas. F-2 visas authorize your accompanying relatives to stay with you in the U.S, but not to accept employment. 


3525 Hyland Ave., Suite 225
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Contact Info:

Call: (714) 432-1333
Email: info@lawyerhelp4u.com

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9-6pm
*By appointment only

For appointment:
Phone: (714) 432-1333